POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : output question : Re: output question Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:24:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: output question
From: Chris Colefax
Date: 14 Dec 1999 21:48:57
Message: <38570199@news.povray.org>
omniVERSE <inv### [at] aolcom> wrote:
> I use a batch file myself, except simply for the running of CMpeg.  So I
> only have to type:
>
>   mpg frame%02 animated
>
> at a DOS prompt to compile the "frame00.tga" to "frame99.tga" into a mpeg
> called "animate".  The mpg.bat file contains a line saying:
>
>  cmpeg %1d.tga %2.mpg
>
> with a cd command before that to go to where I have CMpeg, since I don't
add
> everything to my PATH.  I never could get the "%0" to go inside the batch
> file itself otherwise it would be even simpler.

If you want to pass the literal string "%0" as a parameter to CMPEG you
probably need to add an extra percentage sign in the batch file, eg. cmpeg
%%0...  Otherwise the %0 is substituted with the first word on the command
line, ie. the name of the batch file itself.

My own CMPEG batch file follows Warp's suggestion:

@ECHO OFF
IF "%1"=="" GOTO Help
IF "%1"=="/?" GOTO Help

DIR %1 /B /ON > CMPEG.TMP
P:\CMPEG\CMPEG -v1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9 P:\CMPEG.CTL CMPEG.TMP Movie.mpg
DEL CMPEG.TMP
ECHO.
GOTO End

:Help
P:\CMPEG\CMPEG /?

:End

This lets me specify a set of frame files using a wildcard, as well as any
optional CMPEG parameters I might wish to use, eg:

   CMPEG FRM*.TGA -d1